Show Times: February 8-13, 2013
As part of Disney’s Limited Time Magic, Disney’s California Adventure will be having a Lunar New Year Celebration from February 8-13 at 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day in the Pacific Wharf area of the park, guests will enjoy unique cultural experiences, flavorful food offerings, unique merchandise, and colorful performances from dancers, musicians, and martial artists. Some of your favorite Disney characters will be there as well, such as Mulan, Mushu, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
Certain areas in Disney California Adventure Park are decked out with festive decorations for this exciting celebration.
Woven throughout walkways are ornamental lanterns. Bright banners and signs — presented in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese — wish everyone a Happy Lunar New Year.
At select times during each day of the celebration, Mulan and Mushu lead a procession along the parade route in front of Pacific Wharf.
Adding to the merriment are umbrella dancers clad in brightly colored costumes. This procession ends at a fanciful photo location near The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure attraction.
Gather your family and pose for pictures with select Disney Characters — like Mulan, Mushu, Mickey and Minnie Mouse — dressed in their best to celebrate the Lunar New Year with you!
But there’s one more piece of “Limited Time Magic” to share with you today. A special limited–edition pin commemorating the Lunar New Year will be available while supplies last. We hope to see you there as we celebrate the Year of the Snake during the Happy Lunar New Year Celebration at Disney California Adventure park!
Lucky Fortune Cookery is adding chicken and veggie pot stickers and pork spare riblets with char siu sauce to its menu, as well as ginger milk tea (a delicious new creation by the Disney chefs) and mini-almond cookies.
Pacific Wharf Café is adding a barbecued pork bao roll, a traditional Chinese steamed bun, along with ginger milk tea and almond cookies. And their popular Chinese chicken salad in a sourdough bowl fits the bill, too.
The San Francisco cart adds the barbecued pork bao roll, edamame, almond cookies and ginger milk tea, while the Boudin Bread Cart is offering a giant loaf of sourdough shaped like a snake, for “the year of the snake.”
Pacific Palisades Coffee Cart is adding ginger milk tea, edamame and almond cookies, while Rita’s Baja Blenders will offer Tsing Tao beer. Try a little of everything to celebrate lively Asian flavors and a different tradition this year. Happy Lunar New Year!
Celebrate with specialty foods at the following locations:
Disney California Adventure Park
- Lucky Fortune Cookery – pork spare riblets, chicken and vegetable pot stickers, edamame, ginger milk tea and almond cookies
- Boudin Bread Cart – “Year of the Snake” bread
- Pacific Wharf Café – “Year of the Snake” bread, Chinese chicken salad, pork bao roll, almond cookies and ginger milk tea
- Rita’s Baja Blenders – Tsing Tao Beer
- Pacific Palisades Coffee Cart – almond cookies and ginger milk tea
- San Francisco Cart – pork bao roll, almond cookies, ginger milk tea and contour beverages
Downtown Disney District
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen – tempura gulf shrimp skewers, red beans & rice salad, coconut ginger lime beurre blanc
- Tortilla Jo’s – shrimp sushi rolls with Guajillo chile pears, dragon beef tacos
- House of Blues Restaurant – spicy banger shrimp with Szechwan green bean salad
- La Brea Bakery Café – Asian salad, toasted sesame seed seared ahi tuna
- Rainforest Cafe – macadamia crusted tilapia and coconut shrimp
- Jamba Juice – matcha green tea blast smoothie
- Haagen Dazs – green tea ice cream